Taifun Organic Smoked Tofu, Classic
Hearty flavours thanks to the gentle smoking process
€ 2,59 (€ 1,30 / 100 g)
Price shown includes 10% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs
Features & Advantages
- Delicious smoky flavour
- Versatile in use
- Serve cold or warm
Item no.: XPI-BIOG-153246, Content: 200 g, EAN: 4012359111104
The delicious smoked tofu by Taifun is made using a very gentle friction smoking process at a relatively low temperature that generates the least amount of hazardous substances. The classic smoked tofu can be used in a variety of ways due to its neutral taste.
Tip: Best enjoyed cold on bread or in salads. To eat warm, fry briefly in oil in a pan and serve with vegetables, potatoes, rice or pasta.
Recipe: Hearty Lentil Stew with Smoked Tofu (4 servings)
- 400 g Taifun Smoked Tofu
- 3 onions
- 400 g lentils
- 3 tbsp oil (suitable for frying)
- 1 litre of water
- 2 - 3 bay leaves
- 2 carrots
- 1 to 2 leeks
- 2 to 6 tbsp vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 tbsp vegetable bouillon and 1 tbsp mustard
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives (optional)
Preparation time: approx. 45 min
Difficulty level: medium
- Chop the onions finely.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan. Briefly fry the chopped onions together with the lentils.
- Deglaze with water, add bay leaves and reduce the heat to low. Let the lentils simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, finely dice the carrots and cut the leek into fine rings.
- Add the vegetables to the lentils and continue to simmer.
- Cut the smoked tofu into cubes or strips.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan and fry the smoked tofu on all sides over high heat until crisp.
- Add the crispy smoked tofu to the lentils and let the stew simmer until the lentils are completely cooked.
- Finally, season to taste with vinegar, salt and pepper.
Tip: If you like, you can also add some vegetable bouillon and mustard for additional flavour.
- Garnish the stew with chopped fresh chives. Serve with bread or spaetzle. Enjoy!
|Types of Products:||Meat Alternatives|
|Allergens - Free from:||Lactose-Free|
|Product Features:||Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Nutritional Information||per 100 g|
|Energy Content / Calories||712 / 170 kjs / kcals|
|from Saturated Fats||1,5 g|
|from Sugar||<0,5 g|
Questions & Answers about Taifun Organic Smoked Tofu, Classic
English reviews written for Taifun Organic Smoked Tofu, Classic
Taifun Organic Tofu200 g, 400 g