Taifun Organic Demeter Silken Tofu
Delicately creamy taste
€ 2,69 € 2,99 -10%
(€ 6,73 / kg, Price shown includes 10% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- Neutral taste
- Versatile in use
- Alternative to yogurt and cream
Item no.: XPI-BIOG-153429, Content: 400 g, EAN: 4012359115003
The fine, creamy consistency and neutral, mild taste of silken tofu make it particularly versatile. In Japanese cuisine it is often added to soups or served cold or slightly warmed with a little soy sauce. In Western cuisine, silken tofu is used as a substitute for various dairy products such as cream, yoghurt or sour cream. It is also often used in desserts and baked goods.
How to use: Open the foil and place the tofu on a plate by turning the package upside down. Leftover silken tofu can be stored in the refrigerator in a covered, airtight container and will stay fresh for up to 3 days. Do not freeze because freezing destroys the consistency. You can also sauté silken tofu, which is popular in Japanese cuisine. To do this, carefully cut it into cubes and coat in arrowroot flour before frying.
Recipe: Refreshing Mango Lassi ( 4 servings)
For this vegan version of the summery, fruity beverage you will need:
- 400 g Taifun Silken Tofu
- 30 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 400 ml water (tap water or still mineral water)
- 370 g mango pulp
- 3 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
Preparation time: approx. 10 min
Difficulty level: easy
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Alternatively, you can add the ingredients to a tall mixing jar and blend it with a hand mixer.
- Blend on a high setting until it is creamy and foamy.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately or refrigerate to serve later. Mix thoroughly again before serving.
The ready-to-drink lassi will stay fresh for up to 2 days in the refrigerator. You can also use other fruits such as fresh berries instead of mango pulp. You might need to add more water to get the right consistency.
- 21% Soybeans 
- Magnesium chloride
- From biodynamic cultivation